Saturday, March 6, 2021

The Idea Of Toast

Terence runs into the Kmart, followed by Sweezus.

Terence stops at the shoes.

Why did you stop here? asks Sweezus.

Mirror, says Terence.

Good thinking, says Sweezus.

They stare at the low mirror, in which they might see Baby Pierre.

Baby Pierre comes up behind them.

Here I am, says Baby Pierre. 

Cool, says Sweezus. Let's go.

Where to? asks Terence.

To get seeds, says Sweezus. Come on, we'll head to the parklands.

Wait, says Baby Pierre. Don't you want to know what happened?

You saw yourself in the shoe mirror, says Sweezus, and you looked normal.

That's RIGHT! says Baby Pierre. So I've got my confidence.

Back, says Terence.

Back, says Baby Pierre. Do you want  to know why I was worried?

We know, says Terence.

No you don't, says Baby Pierre. It wasn't that I looked like a sausage, although that was bad.

What then? asks Terence.

See this Mark of the Claw? says Baby Pierre, pointing to the top of his head. It looked like a toasting fork!

Woop, says Terence. So what?

I thought it might be the FUTURE! says Baby Pierre.

Sweezus is in a hurry to get to the parklands, but he hears this.

Yeah, says Sweezus, the Claw would look like a toasting fork, horizontally extended. But what made you think of the future?

The idea of toast, says Baby Pierre.

You're a pebble, says Sweezus. You could never be toast.

Okay, I panicked, says Baby Pierre. Don't tell Ageless.

I won't, says Sweezus.

Terence says nothing, so he has the option.

They head to the parklands for seeds.

No comments: