Friday, March 5, 2021

Horror Horizontal

T S Eliot is hard to get rid of.

He follows Sweezus and Terence back to the Mall's Balls.

Arthur is there, handing out flyers.

Correction, he WAS handing out flyers.

None left, says Arthur. And everyone who took one is coming.

Awesome, says Sweezus. Do they know they'll get seeds?

Seeds? says T S Eliot. 

Yeah, says Sweezus. We're handing out seeds. Selling them probably.

I thought you were performing Candide? says T S Eliot.

At the end I appear as the host of Gardening Australia, says Arthur.

Of course, says T S Eliot. I'm wearing two hats myself. I'm in Writers Week as well as my Fringe show.

He was giving out peaches, says Sweezus.

I got one, says Terence. Then I choked. Then Sweezus came and hit me and a man took the peach away.

In case it had fruit fly, says Sweezus.

Typical, says Arthur. So, are we done here?

Come to Writers Week, says T S Eliot. I'll be speaking soon.

No way, says Sweezus. I mean no thanks, we've got to find a plant nursery.

Can I come? asks Terence.

Yes, says Sweezus.

What about Baby Pierre? asks Terence.

Bugger, says Sweezus. Where is he?

He ran off because he looked like a sausage, says Terence.

I think I saw him, says T S Eliot. But he didn't look like a sausage.

He doesn't, says Sweezus. He looks like a pebble.

He ran into the Kmart, says T S Eliot.

How did you know it was him? asks Arthur.

If you recall, I was here earlier, says T S Eliot. My face was reflected in this Ball here. It looked green. One of you remarked on it. I distinctly remember seeing, also reflected, a small sausage at ankle height. It's face was a picture of horror, horizontally extended. Then it ran off.

That was HIM! cries Terence. Yuck! His face is horizontally extended!

It isn't, says Sweezus. It was just his reflection. Remember how you thought you looked fat.

Come ON! shouts Terence, running off in the direction of the Kmart.

Sweezus has no choice but to follow.

Well, I must be going, says T S Eliot. Sure you won't come?

I'll come, says Arthur. 

T S Eliot feels in his pocket, for a peach. 



No comments: