Sunday, October 30, 2022

Bad For Ponies

Terence is at the back fence.

He can see a pony.

He waves.

The pony smells something like sugar, and trots over.

Hello, says Terence. Guess what?

What? asks the pony.

Everything's a potato, says Terence.

You're not a potato, says the pony. 

No, not me, says Terence. And not carrots. But you are.

If I'm a potato, says the pony, why bring me sugar?

It's my sugar, says Terence. And it's not even real sugar.

It smells like real sugar, says the pony. Give me a lick.

Okay, says Terence.

He tips some onto his hand and holds it out to the pony.

The pony licks it.

That was good, says the pony. Can I have the rest?

The rest? says Terence.,

The rest of the sugar, says the pony.

No, says Terence. It's bad for you.

Not if I'm a potato, says the pony.

Terence considers. 

Does he really believe the pony is a potato? What did Belle say? 'You are right'. But that was about carrots NOT being potatoes.

Looks like the pony has won.

Terence feeds him the rest of the Equal.

Let us hope that aspartame is not bad for ponies.

Thanks! says the pony. You're my friend now. Want a ride?

Yay! says Terence. Wait! I'm supposed to have a helmet!

Come on, says the pony. It's not like you're a potato. What are you made of?

Cement, says Terence.

I retract my offer, says the pony.

Thanks, says Terence. I'll just climb up on the fence and get on you.

But the pony, for some reason, backs away.


No comments: