Thursday, August 10, 2023

A Vastly Inferior Duck

Meanwhile Cwaca has caught up with the trolley.

Excuse me, says Cwaca to the flight attendant.

One moment, says the flight attendant. 

She hands someone a tea, a UHT milk and a sugar.

What is it? she asks Cwaca

I've come for my wheel, says Cwaca. 

This wheel? asks the flight attendant, locating the wheel, next to the tea urn.

Let me see, says Cwaca.

Cwaca is low on the cabin floor. She has to bend down.

Yes, says Cwaca. That's it. May I have it?

Sorry, no, says the flight attendant. There might be repercussions.

Like what? asks Cwaca.

The person who tripped on it may want to press charges, says the flight attendant.

The parrot who lost it may want to as well, says Cwaca.

Parrot, what parrot? asks the flight attendant. 

Myself, says Cwaca. I had four wheels originally, I was attached to a board with another duck behind me.

Another duck? asks the flight attendant. Such as yourself?

An vastly inferior duck, says Cwaca.

But you admit you're a duck, says the flight attendant.

I was, at the time, says Cwaca. 

It may not be your wheel, says the flight attendant. It may be the other duck's.

Are we in trouble? asks Cwaca.

Not necessarily, says the flght attendant. And I don't have time for this. Discuss it with the other duck. Is it here on the plane?

Yes, somewhere, says Cwaca. 

Go then, says the flight attendant. When you establish who owns the wheel there's a form to fill in.

Cwaca is defeated. 

A form to fill in.

And he may not even own his own wheels. And if he does, he may be in trouble.

He waddles (even though parrots don't waddle) back to where Terence and Monique are playing Cannot But Be.

Did you get it? asks Terence.

Not yet, says Cwaca. There are barriers.

So what if there are barriers? says Terence.

Cannot but be barriers, says Monique.

That wasn't a question, says Terence.

If it wasn't, what was it? asks Monique.

No comments: