Thursday, August 3, 2023

About Whizzing

Do I get a seat this time? asks Terence.

We'll see says Gaius.

We don't want him falling out of the overhead locker, says Vello.

No, we don't, says Gaius. If there's an empty seat, I'll ask if Terence can have it.

Yay! says Terence.

They are boarding flight Q784 to Adelaide.

Welcome aboard, says the flight attendant, smiling at Terence. New shoes, are they?

Yes, says Terence. 

She looks at the tickets.

Your seats are half way down the plane on the left, says the flight attendant.

Thank you, says Gaius. 

That went smoothly, says Vello, behind him. 

David gives him a shove.

They head down to their seats in the middle. 

Wheres Cwaca? asks Terence.

Pierre-Louis has him, says Gaius. 

There are four empty seats, waiting.

Where's my seat? asks Terence.

We must wait until everyone's on, says Gaius. Then if we're lucky, you'll get one.

Meanwhile, you can squeeze in with me, says Pierre-Louis, who has been allotted the aisle seat.

Terence squeezes in beside Pierre-Louis.

The parrot can sit on the arm rest between us, says Pierre-Louis.

Monique trundles by, behind her father.

Hey! says Terence, grabbing her t shirt. 

Bandage boy! says Monique. Are you going to Adelaide too?

Yes, says Terence. And I've got my own seat.

Doesn't look like it, says Monique.

I'm getting it soon, says Terence. 

Come on, Monique, says her father.

She keeps going.

Soon the aircraft is full. The doors are armed ready for takeoff.

Rumble rumble barooooom rumble squerrk. (All sounds which are perfectly normal).

The plane climbs in the sky.

The seat belt lights are turned off.

Now, says Gaius, can you see any seats that are empty?

Terence stands up. 

Ouch! Careful! says Pierre-Louis, on whom Terence is standing.

Sorry, says Terence I forgot I had shoes.

Well? says Gaius.

No, says Terence sadly.

Let me go and look, says Cwaca.

How can you? asks Terence. 

Sorry. I forgot I had NO WHEELS! says Cwaca.

The wheels are for both of us, says Terence. For whizzing.

Neither of us has done any whizzing, says Cwaca.

That's because you're the coach, says Terence.

It's true. Cwaca is the one to decide about whizzing.

No whizzing, says Gaius. I'll go.

He shuffles past Pierre-Louis and stands in the middle of the aisle, looking.

Aha! An empty seat five rows forward.

He makes his way towards it, to enquire.

The empty seat is next to Monique.

Terence's friend!

This could turn out to be lucky.


No comments: