Another mountain stage, even harder.
The teams roll out of Champagnole.
The spectcular scenery rolls back behind them.
I suppose Tadej Pogacar will win again, says David.
You never know, says Vello. I heard he was woken very early.
Dear me, says David. That seems unkind.
Jonas Vingegaard is passing.
What about me? says Jonas Vingegaard.
What about you? asks David.
I was woken even earlier, for the same thing, says Jonas.
Outrageous, says Vello. You'll have missed your deep sleep.
I have missed it, says Jonas. But at least it's a rest day tomorrow.
Drug tests in the middle of the night! says Vello. I'd tell them where to go!
They wouldn't dare drug test you, says David.
You mean they wouldn't bother, says Vello.
You're probably right, says David.
Sweezus drops back alongside them.
Hey guys, says Sweezus.
That was bad luck yesterday, says Vello. Gaius getting a puncture.
Yeah, says Sweezus. Terence pumped it up for him.
Let's hope none of us gets a puncture today, says Vello.
Can only hope, says Sweezus. Hey, have you seen the parrot?
I haven't, says David.
Nor have I, says Vello. Is it missing?
Nah. It's supposed to be spying, says Sweezus.
On whom? asks Vello.
Basically anyone, says Sweezus.
A strange task, says David.
It IS a strange task.
But Prong has her curly moustache on, and wants to do it.
She flies over a roundabout, in time to see Jonas Vingegaard crashing, as he exits a bend.
She stops to watch him being treated by the team doctor.
She sees him get into the team car, his arm in a sling.
She flies to the feeding station, to tell Terence.
Woo! says Terence.
That's a bit tragic, says Belle.
Go and do some more spying, says Terence.
Okay, says Prong.
She flies to the Plateau de Solaison, to watch Tadej win.
But Tadej doesn't.
Nor does his young teamate, Isaac del Toro.
They are both pipped by Remco Evenepoel, in a thrilling finish.
Prong flies back to tell Terence.
Woo! says Terence.
No comments:
Post a Comment