Prong flies down with the bear baby.
She lands on the rim of the bowl.
Hurry up, says Holy Spitball. The Virgin'll be back soon.
Prong gazes at the baby bear to be rescued.
And the replacement, which she is carrying.
They do look the same.
Even their litle shirts are identical.
She gently places the replacement next to its twin.
The two baby bears look at one another.
Aw, says Prong.
Yes, they look sweet together, says Holy Spitball.
Grr! says the bear to be rescued.
Grr! says the replacement.
They pat each other's faces with their paws.
Better get wee Fuzzball out before they start bonding, says Holy Spitball.
Okay, says Prong.
She dips her beak into the bowl, to pick up wee Fuzzball.
Grrr-rah! growls wee Fuzzball.
Is there something you'd like to bring with you? asks Prong.
Wee Fuzzball points at his twin.
You can't bring him, says Prong. I was thinking about luggage. Your twin had his own handbag.
Grrr-rah! growls the twin.
He'd forgotten he had his own handbag.
Grrr-rah! growls wee Fuzzball.
What's going on? asks Holy Spitball.
I think I screwed up, says Prong. I asked Fuzzball about luggage and now his new twin is upset.
Why is the twin upset? asks Holy Spitball.
Probably because he's remembered his handbag, says Prong.
What handbag? asks Holy Spitball.
He came with a handbag, for his baby things, and I've left it behind, says Prong.
Are you sure that's the problem? asks Holy Spitball.
Grr! says the new twin.
I think Grr means yes, says Prong.
If it does, says Holy Spitball, then why, when they first saw each other, did they both say yes?
So what? asks Prong.
Wouldn't they have said hello? asks Holy Spitball.
They could have said yes, says Prong. As in: YES! my long lost brother!
Intuitive of you, says Holy Spitball.
Thank you, says Prong.
Alert! The Virgin's returning! says Holy Spiball.
What should I do? asks Prong.
Take wee Fuzzball and go, says Holy Spitball. And when you come back with my string, bring new twin's handbag.
You're a quick thinker, says Prong.
GO! says Holy Spitball.
Prong picks up wee Fuzzball and flies down to where Terence and the others are waiting.
You did it! cries Terence.
Good on you! says Sweezus.
A parrot of action! says Sartre.
But Federico thinks Fuzzball looks sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment