Monday, March 30, 2009

Amendments

Pliny the Elder would like to suggest an amendment to "Part 1. Ways to get rid of flies that are bothering you inside your house." He suggests it should be listed immediately after a) Use fly spray, and he suggests it should be worded this way:

b) Whack the fly hard with a rolled up newspaper. ( It is advisable to use a newspaper you have finished reading ).

I agree this is a good addition to the list. I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. Nevertheless I don't like this method, because 1) there is squashed fly all over the newspaper, and you feel bad about recycling it after that and 2) there is often more squashed fly on the table, or cupboard, or window sill, to be cleaned up as well. On the plus side, it is satisfying if you are in a bad mood.

I would like to suggest a further addition to "Part 1. Ways to get rid of flies that are bothering you inside your house." I suggest it should be listed either after a) as the new b) or after Pliny's new b), in which case it would be the new c) . Pliny and I will need to discuss this further. In either case the old b) and the old c) would then be the new d) and the new e).

My suggested addition is as follows:

b) Hold your hands apart just above the fly. Clap your hands. Wash your hands. ( I got this off the internet. Apparently it never fails, because a fly flies directly upwards before it orientates itself and works out which way to escape. Brilliant, but kind of yucky.)

No comments: