Saturday, March 7, 2009

Eggs in Focus

And did you burn the eggs? asked Pliny the Elder, scornfully.

No I caught them just in time. But it was a close run thing.

Hah! said Pliny. That will teach you not to lose focus. Concentrate on one thing at a time, is my motto. Potatoes, rice, eggs! A ridiculous mishmash of ideas.

Yes I learned my lesson. You would no doubt have just stuck to eggs.

I would indeed. By the way, do you know what you could have done with the eggs had they turned out to be inedible?

No. What?

You could have beaten them up with nasturtium for use as a liniment for injuries inflicted by serpents.

I don't as a rule get injured by serpents. Have you anything for mosquitoes?

Pennyroyal, crushed and rubbed on the skin. But I feel I should point out that we are straying from the topic.

No comments: