Friday, March 20, 2009

Ca me derange! C'est a dire .....

Well now I have learned something. It is: that it is difficult to write a mathematical proof using only words.

No, that's not it. It is: that it is easy enough to write a mathematical proof in words, but it will be almost impossible for anyone to follow it. You need diagrams. Also, it would have helped if I could have done squared signs.

I did try. I googled 'how to type squared', and learned how to do it. But you need a numeric keypad, and I don't have one. It is holding me back.

It means I can't do French accents either, because you need a numeric keyboard to do them as well. I can't properly write, for example, That deranges me! It is to say you do not wish Easter eggs? in French, as I had occasion to do just the other day.

Needless to say, my daughter did not reply.

No comments: