Friday, December 30, 2011

Double Date

If you think, said Kobo, that I'm going to carry your drinks, you can think again, dear heart.

Only joking, said Ageless. Did you call me dear heart?

Yes I did, said Kobo. I have become fond of you now that I've seen you.

Thought you would, said Ageless. May I ask you a question?

I can't ride a bicycle, said Kobo, if that was the question.

No, that wasn't the question, said Ageless. Team Crustacean has no place for girls.

Girls! said Kobo.

Well, ladies, said Ageless.

LADIES! said Kobo.

What then? said Ageless.

Tch! said Kobo. What WAS the question?

Will you come out with me tonight, my beloved? asked Ageless.

Oh! said Kobo. Go out with you where?

It's New Year's Eve, said Ageless, There will be fireworks at the Brighton Jetty.

The beach! said Kobo, happily. Shall we run on the beach holding hands?

Whatever you like my sweetest, said Ageless, in honeyed tones.

Then the answer is YES, said Kobo.

See you at six, then, said Ageless. I'll bring chicken and salad and champagne.

Baby Pierre looked at Lavender.

She can't run on the beach holding hands with Ageless! said Lavender. WE were going to do that, her and me. I'm going as well.

You can't! said Baby Pierre. It's a date.

I can, said Lavender. And you can come with me. You'll be my date.

Yerk! No way! said Baby Pierre.

No comments: