Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Endings in Sight

Kobo had finished Repetition. Now she got it. Kierkegaard was saying that life was a repetition. The young man had got his life back. Now he could start all over again, but he had learned something. This was opposed to the Platonic view, where he would have already known it in the first place.

That is deep, said Kobo. I wonder if Kierkegaard had a girlfriend?

.......

Back in the Pacific Cultures Gallery, the existential debate continued.

If you don't care about anything, why are you looking for your daddy? asked Baby Pierre.

Shut up, Baby Pierre, said Lavender. Just SHUT UP!

Uuurrgh, said Ageless,

What's the matter? asked Mr Lee.

I think I'm beginning to moult, said Ageless. I don't feel very well.

It may be the corn chips, said Mr Lee.

I doubt it, said Ageless. It's the crack in my head. I shall have to leave you all soon and go back to the sea for a while.

Don't go, said Mr Lee. We have a new exhibition coming up called The Abyss. We're having a water tank and everything. You can do it in there.

In front of everyone? said Ageless.

We'd pay you, said Mr Lee, temptingly.

Alright, said Ageless. It's a deal.

Wooo! said Baby Pierre. I would never do something like that.

Stupid! How could you do something like that? said Lavender.

Shut up, Lavender, said Baby Pierre. You don't know anything. I'm going home.

I rescued you, said Lavender. We'll go home together, so Kobo can see.

Take these with you, said Ageless, handing a small hessian bag to Baby Pierre.

Give it to me, said Lavender, I'll take it. What's in it?

Kobo's new calcite eyes, said Ageless.

Eeuuww! said Lavender. I don't want them. Are they sticky?

No, said Mr Lee. They're as hard as a rock.

No comments: