Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Second Coming

Home at last! Kobo and Lavender were back on the window sill in the kitchen.

Hello Aunty Kobo, said Baby Pierre, ignoring his cousin. Did you have a nice time?

Yes I had a nice time, said Kobo. Thank you for asking.

I had a nice time too, said Lavender.

How were your eyes? asked Baby Pierre.

So so, said Kobo.

The reason I'm asking, said Baby Pierre, is that Ageless is here.

Here? said Kobo. Why is he here?

He's here to see you, said Baby Pierre. And for you to see him.

Where is he? asked Kobo, looking around, but failing to see a lobster.

Watching the cricket, said Baby Pierre. Shall I tell him you're here?

Wait, said Kobo.

Has he finished moulting? asked Lavender.

Yes, said Baby Pierre. He looks just like ......like a god!


Woo hoo! said Lavender. Send him in!


Actually, said Kobo, I'm quite busy.

No you're not, Aunty Kobo, said Lavender. Go get him, Baby Pierre.

Baby Pierre went into the lounge to fetch Ageless.

Sounds of creaking and shuffling were heard.

Lavender looked at Kobo.

Kobo looked anxious.

Don't worry Aunty Kobo. No way he'll look like a god, said Lavender.

It's not that, said Kobo. I think I WANT him to look like a god.

Well, said Lavender. Your eyes aren't too good. So he might.

No comments: