Thursday, December 29, 2011

Team Crustacean

Ageless appeared in the doorway, gleaming. He was dressed in red lycra bike shorts and a red and white jersey.

Beloved! said Ageless.

Do you mean me? asked Kobo.

Of course you, said Ageless. How I've longed for this meeting.

Let me see you properly, said Kobo. Come closer. These eyes you sent me don't react well to glare.

I'm not glaring my darling, said Ageless. I am glowing with joy.

He moved closer. Kobo could see him in his full glory.

Why are you wearing bicycling clothes? she asked. I did not expect it.

But they suit me, said Ageless.

I don't know, said Kobo. Red is perhaps not your colour. I would have preferred blue, with your colouring.

Too late now, said Ageless with a shrug. I am going to enter the Tour Down Under. It's two weeks away. I am forming a team. Team Crustacean. I just need to sign up a few more crustaceans who ride.

Well, said Kobo, I am very impressd. Come here and give me a kiss.

Lavender and Baby Pierre goggled.

Ageless sashayed over to the window to give Kobo a kiss.

Scrape, scrape, scraaaaaape. The kiss was passionate, and scratchy.

Wooo! He's hot! whispered Lavender.

Told you, said Baby Pierre.

The kiss ended. Ageless spoke.

My dear Kobo, he said, would you do me the honour?

Of what? asked Kobo, blinking rapidly.

Watching me race, said Ageless. You could hand me my drinks.

No comments: