Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mama Mia

Right! said Lavender. Today we're going home.

Good, said Kobo. I've had enough adventures for a while.

Hee hee, laughed Lavender. You should have seen your face coming down the flume.

Actually said Kobo, I'm quite proud I did it.

That's good, said Lavender. But you did look funny wearing a rashie.

I'm a CLAM, said Kobo. Of course I looked funny. But rules are rules.

I wouldn't have put on a rashie just to obey some stupid RULES, said Lavender.

You couldn't anyway, said Kobo.

But if I could, said Lavender. I wouldn't have.

My theory is, said Kobo, that stupid rules should be obeyed to the letter.

What? Why? asked Lavender.

To keep the high moral ground, said Kobo. And your dignity. The lifeguard thanked me when she saw me again, as though I had done her a favour. Which arguably I had.

Or maybe you're just a big WUSS! said Lavender.

Oh, never mind, said Kobo. Hurry up and get into the suitcase.

Wait, I just want to say goodbye to Butterfly and Fish, said Lavender.

She looked for the children. They were watching Mama Mia on a dvd, mesmerised by the songs and missing all the innuendo.

Bye bye, Fish, said Lavender.

Fish looked up, presenting his Nutella-smeared face for a kiss.

Bye bye Butterfly, said Lavender.

But Butterfly had eyes only for Meryl Streep.

No comments: