Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Waiting for Thursday

What happens now? said Lavender expectantly.

We wait, said the Cute Reindeer.

What for? asked Lavender.

Thursday, said the Cute Reindeer.

When is that? asked Lavender.

Don't know, said the Cute Reindeer.

Branch Member One nudged Branch Member Two.

She doesn't know, said Branch Member One.

Yeah, said Branch Member Two. Yeah... she doesn't know. Do you know?

No, said Branch Member One. But we don't have to know. I thought she would know.

The Stupid Looking Snowman coughed loudly.

What is it? asked Lavender.

I know, said the Stupid Looking Snowman.

When is it? asked Lavender.

Tomorrow, said the Stupid Looking Snowman. I keep my ears open, I do.

You're not so stupid, said Lavender.

Change my name then, said the Stupid Looking Snowman

No, said Lavender. You still look stupid.

Why? asked the Snowman. Is it my hat?

Yes, it's your hat, said Lavender. You look like a startled bee in that hat.

As long as it's my hat, said the Snowman.

You mean, and not your face, said Lavender.

Yes, said the Snowman.

Everyone was silent.

Now what do we do? asked the Bag of Presents.

We wait for Thursday, said Lavender.

No comments: