Monday, May 30, 2016

All Day To Get Lucky

How will you get there? asks Belle.

Dunno. Post an ad on the Gumtree, says Sweezus. Find some dudes driving to Melbourne.

Did someone say Melbourne? says Katherine.

Sweezus is going, says Belle.

Would you like a lift, dear? asks Katherine. I'm thinking of going over to visit an old school friend.

Oh, er, thanks, but I wouldn't want .......mumbles Sweezus.

You ought to, says Belle. It will be nicer for Terence.

Am I going? says Terence. Yippee! Can we visit Grandpa?

Who's your Grandpa? asks the Elegant Parrot. No don't tell me. Let me guess.

Grandpa Marx, says Terence.

The Elegant Parrot is not used to being fore-answered. She has spent most of her life in the Coorong. She forges ahead.

Grandpa Marx, says the Elegant Parrot. I can just see him.

What does he look like? asks Terence.

A big head, and grey hair sprouting from it. A red beret.

Wow, says Terence. That's him. Except for the beret.

How come I have to take Terence? says Sweezus.

I've had him for ages, says Belle. And Katherine is going to Melbourne. Just accept it.

Okay, says Sweezus. Thanks, Katherine. When are you leaving?

I could leave this afternoon, says Katherine. Will you be ready?

No worries, says Sweezus. He heads for the door.

Got some things to do first. Buy some wrapping paper.

Well, Mr Nietzsche, says Belle, that just leaves you and me.

And us, says Ageless. Me and Catcher.

She ignores them.

Just you and me, says Belle. Perhaps you'd like to show me what you've written so far?

It's all in my head at the moment, says Nietzsche. I shall reference the Catcher, and thereby incorporate the requisite bicycle.

How FASCINATING, says Belle. Let's go out for lunch and workshop it together.

Yes, let's do that, says Nietzsche.

O the shining moment, the glorious uncertainty, the mysterious flux of life.....


No comments: