Thursday, May 19, 2016

Mindfulness Or Being In The Moment

The upper deck of the Spirit of the Coorong is abuzz with passengers discussing the Elegant Parrot.

Passenger: Did you see that?

Second passenger: Did you HEAR that?

Passenger: Yes, I heard that. What an imagination that Elegant Parrot has.

Second passenger: Yes. Pity to disabuse it.

Passenger: What do you mean?

Second passenger: John Gould was the son of a gardener.

Passenger: So you're saying.....?

Second passenger: I'm saying that it's unlikely John Gould's mother would have come up to kiss him goodnight in the nursery before going out to a ball or important dinner.

Passenger: Unless she was the cook or something.

Second passenger: Good point. But would a cook have gone off to work dressed in olive gold and blue plumage?

Passenger: It might have been some sort of apron.

Second passenger: What? Oh. Ha ha. But it's not very likely.

Captain Bain's voice crackles over the intercom: We'll be docking at Goolwa Wharf at four thirty. Please make sure you have all your.....

Nietzsche: Hmhmmm.... with its yellow swans and golden pears....hmm....no wait, that's wrong....

Lauren: Good, we'll be back at four thirty. Bob may not have realised we've gone.

Nietzsche: ......with its yellow pears and wild roses everywhere ... that's it.

Lauren: That's what?

Nietzsche: ...the shore hangs into the lake. Holderlin, my favourite poet.

Lauren: I get the feeling you're not always present.

Nietzsche: I am always present.

Lauren: No you're not. Tell me, what just happened?

Nietzsche. We had afternoon tea.

Lauren: And after that, at the barrage?

Nietzsche: I recall there were some birds on the barrage.

Lauren: Is that all you were aware of? Yes, I believe it was. You know Friedy, you could do with some training in mindfulness.

Nietzsche: As long as it doesn't involve commentary or banter.

Lauren: I did a lovely course on mindfulness. Before I became a level two Reiki practitioner.

Edith: Oh Lauren, there you are. Would you like Irma's back pack? She doesn't want it. Says it's too smelly.

Lauren: Why would I want it?

Edith: I assume you'll be taking back the crab and the lobster, as well as that Elegant Parrot which seems to have attached itself to them.

Lauren: Hells bells! I'd totally forgotten. Thanks Edith. Oh.... pooh, yes! It is smelly.

Nietzsche: I made the right choice then.

Edith: What choice was that?

Nietzsche: To wear that back pack or a discarded carapace on my head as a protection from the sun's rays.

Lauren: Honestly! Can you believe him!

Edith: At least he is sun-smart.

No comments: