Thursday, May 25, 2017

Tango Chocolate And Paint

A lot has happened to Tiny Sacrifice since last night at Gun Hill.

His parents lay low in their snake hole, under the lion.

They didn't come out.

They already had enough children.

Tiny Sacrifice sniffed in the darkness.

He could smell chocolate.

....

It's his brothers and sisters, eating the chocolate.

Tiny Sacrifice was removed as an egg. He knows nothing of brothers and sisters.

Young Richard Ligon shines his torch on the lion, whose name is Not-Henry-Wilkinson.

Bit late for a delivery, growls Not-Henry-Wilkinson. Where is it?

What are you expecting? asks young Richard Ligon.

Paint for my ball, says Not-Henry-Wilkinson.

Sorry, I don't have it, says young Richard Ligon. But since you're awake, have you seen this little guy's family?

Not-Henry-Wilkinson has. And he dislikes them, for three reasons.

1). The constant tango music, going on underneath him.
2). The fecundity of Tangerine and Masteego.
3). And they owe him some paint.

Yes, says Not Henry-Wilkinson. I have. They live below me.

I knew it! says Tiny Sacrifice.

He wriggles into the hole underneath Not-Henry-Wilkinson.

Ask them about my paint, mutters Not-Henry-Wilkinson.

In the hole, the brothers and sisters stop sucking Cacao Grenada.

Tangerine and Masteego straighten up.

Mother! cries Tiny Sacrifice.

Tiny, says his mother, with a lesser degree of excitement

He's home.

Young Richard Ligon waits outside the hole, for something to happen.

What's your interest? asks Not-Henry-Wilkinson.

A possible new species, says young Richard Ligon. The mother was thought to be an extinct Barbados racer.

Shit! says Not-Henry-Wilkinson.

He knew that, but had lately forgotten.

I'm currently getting a DNA test done, adds young Richard Ligon. Results should be in now.

Really? says Not-Henry-Wilkinson. I always wanted a DNA test.

 I reckon you're coral, says young Richard Ligon. Clastic carbonate sediment. And you're wearing away a bit.

Don't I know it, says Not-Henry-Wilkinson.

Down below, Tiny Sacrifice is getting to know his three brothers and four sisters.

We've never been anywhere, says First Brother. Where have you been?

I've been on a pirate ship, says Tiny Sacrifice. And I've eaten a sandfly. But I don't recommend them.

We've got chocolate, says Third Sister. Would you like some?

Yes, please, says Tiny Sacrifice.

At least the boy has good manners, observes Masteego.

No comments: