Friday, December 21, 2018

A Cycling Crustacean

Celia alights on the rim of the plum box.

In the plum box, Ageless is wooing Kobo.

He is trying to persuade her to join Team Crustacean.

Kobo: Ageless, I couldn't.

Ageless: I can't ride on my own.

Celia: Too many legs?

Ageless: Mind your own business, parrot.

Kobo: He has done it before.

Celia: How on earth did he do it?

Kobo: Tight strapping, as I remember.

Ageless: Legs aren't the problem. I need at least two more riders.

Celia: Have you asked Pinky?

Pinky: Oo! Ask me!

Ageless: You are not a crustacean.

Kobo: Nor am I, Ageless.

Ageless: However, clik,,,clik,,,with you inside her, beloved, you do look like a crab.

Kobo: How do you know? Have you been spying, Ageless?

Pinky: O Kobo, let's do it!

Ageless: Yes, do it.

Pinky: Are we doing it?

Kobo: You'd still have only two riders. One a fake crab, with no experience.

Celia: It's also cheating.

Ageless: How are you at cheating?

Celia: Why? Are you offering me a place on the team?

Ageless: Let me look at you. Clik,,,clik,,,no. I don't see you as a cycling crustacean.

Kobo: Sanity prevails!

Celia: Good. When is the Tour Down Under?

Ageless: January the fifteenth.

Celia: There's plenty of time to find a proper crustacean. Terence and I will help you.

Ageless: Not Terence?

Celia: I'm only doing this for Terence. To teach him to help others.

Ageless: Where is he? Terence!

Terence: What is it?

Ageless: Heh-heh! How would you like to help others?

Terence: I would. I like helping others.

Ageless (looking doubtful): Test question: what is a crustacean and how do you recognise a fast one?

Terence: Throw your lunch at a seagull.

Silence, while everyone tries to follow his reasoning.

No comments: