Thursday, December 13, 2018

Risky Plurals

I'll be off now says Gloria. No room here for me and a parrot.

Understood, says Gaius. Thank you for all that you've done.

No worries, says Gloria.

She drops down to where Terence is busy opening and collapsing his flow ring.

Goodbye Terence. Good luck with your pot.

What pot? says Terence.

I'll see to it, says Celia.

Thank you, says Gloria. He has talent. He has drawn up some plans.

O really? says Celia. Where are they, Terence?

I lost them, says Terence.

That will be something for you both to look for, says Gloria.

I'll get onto it now, says Celia.

Wait till I've left, if you don't mind, says Gloria.

Of course, says Celia.

Gloria departs.

A fine spirit, says Gaius.

Indeed, says Humboldt. I wonder where those eggs are?

I'll find out, says Celia.

She flies out through the door.

Are you following me? asks Gloria.

No no, says Celia. I do errands. That's what parrots do. I'm seeing where the eggs are.

Woolies, says Gloria. Eggs can be dodgy. Check on them first.

I'm not comfortable with egg errands, admits Celia.

Want me to? asks Gloria.

Yes, please. You're a legend, says Celia.

She flies back inside.

Okay, all sorted, says Celia.

Is it? asks Humboldt. Eggs on their way then? Perhaps you'd like to deal with a new problem.

I'm scheduled to look for Terence's pot plans, says Celia. What's up now?

There's a kerfuffle in the plum box, says Humboldt.

She's MY parrot, says Terence. She does MY things.

She's a disinterested party, says Humboldt. And you wouldn't want Ageless to be dismembered.

I might, says Terence. What's dismembered?

Legs off, says Humboldt.

Ha ha, laughs Terence.

Which is it to be? asks Celia. Legs or pot plans? I'm your parrot.

Pot plans, says Terence.

Wrong decision, says Celia. I see we have work to do, on your system of ethics.

She flies to the plum box, in which Ageless is bemoaning his use of the plural 'beloveds'.

He knew at the time it was risky,

No comments: