Monday, December 10, 2018

Part Of This Breakfast

In the cabin, Arthur is awake.

He is listening to Gaius and Humboldt.

They are discussing breakfast, and wishing for eggs.

Gaius: Eggs would hit the spot, this morning.

Humboldt: Yes, what a pity.

Gaius: No eggs. We could fry up a plum?

Arthur tunes out. He doesn't want to be part of this breakfast.

He tunes in to a higher conversation, coming from the plum box.

Pinky:  Aiee!

Kobo: Aiee won't reach him. In the past I've had success with a series of Ms.

Pinky: Ms! Such as?

Kobo: What do you mean such as?

Pinky: I mean I want an example.

Kobo: Mmmmmm.

Pinky: Mmmmmm? Ageless responds to that usually?

Kobo: Not usually, but he has done. Hush dear, and listen.

Pinky: ....

Kobo: Mmmmmm ageless have you done mmmoulting for the mmmmommmment??????

Pinky: All those question marks. That's not like you.

Kobo: Shh! It is when I commmmunicate with Ageless.

Pinky: You know best. I wish I had such rapport.

Kobo: He's coming in now...... yes my beloved I have finished moulting crik,,, crik,,,wait till you see me I can't see me properly but in places where the water runs quiet  I see my reflection I am resplendent in cobalt blue with black arrowy thingers.... o that's nice!

Pinky: Arrowy thingers?

Kobo: HUSH! It's a mmmoving immmmage.

The door opens.

Kobo and Pinky half expect to see Ageless resplendent in cobalt blue with black arrowy thingers.

But it is Terence.

Gloria has waited outside until Sweezus has opened the door.

Terence has come in with the lovely Celia on his shoulder.

Celia has smelled the fried plums.

No comments: