Saturday, January 30, 2021

Bad Luck People!

Ageless and Captain Baudin arrive at Gaius's house.

Ageless has his own key.

They enter and walk through to the kitchen.

Terence is singing his Storm and Earthquake song:

Flash crack smack hah! Bad luck people! HAH!

That's coming along nicely, says Captain Baudin. 

It's going to be a lot longer, says Terence.

That remains to be seen, says Gaius. 

At least Terence is getting on with developing his part, says Captain Baudin.

Indeed, says Gaius. You also have to write your own part. How's that going?

I've read through the play, says Captain Baudin. I find it hard to know whether it's a comedy or a tragedy.

We all do, says Gaiuis. The thing is to find a balance.

Ageless brought me here to meet his girl-friend, Kobo, says Captain Baudin. He says she may come up with some useful suggestions.

I'm sure she will, says Gaius. Well, make yourselves at home. There are grapes in the garden and you might find a stick or two of asparagus. I'm going to Spotlight, to look for a black cloak.

I'll come with you, says Kierkegaard. If I'm to be your stand-in, I'll need one as well.

Good thinking, says Gaius. 

They head off to Spotlight, which is just round the corner.

Flash crack smack, sings Terence. My toe came off in the dancing, It's on again,  Nothing bad happens to Storms and Earthquakes, only to people HAH HAH! 

Come and meet Kobo, says Ageless. She'll be up on the window sill.

He drags a chair over to the kitchen sink, climbs up onto it, and hoists himself upwards. In the sink now, he swings himself up by the taps, landing on the window sill.

Captain Baudin follows.

A few shells and rocks fall into the sink with a clatter.

Beloved! cries Ageless. 

Ageless, says Kobo. I am NOT your girl-friend.

This is not a good start. 


No comments: