Friday, January 1, 2021

Cool Droppings

Sweezus has put down his potato and opened the Tamagotchi.

But he's no technician.

He pokes about in the tiny workings.

Poke. That should do something.

He replaces the back of the Tamagotchi, and returns to his potato.

Thank you, says Terence,

He goes back to the sofa.

Did you know what you were doing? asks Arthur.

Yes and no, says Sweezus.

At least you tried, says Carol. You'd make a good parent.

He wouldn't, says Arthur. 

Are you a parent, Gaius? asks Carol.

Mum! says Louisa.

What? says Carol. Just asking.

No, says Gaius. I've never married. But I do have a nephew, who admires me.

How lovely, says Carol. Where does he live?

Rome, as far as I know, says Gaius.

More salad? asks Carol.

Thank you, says Gaius. I must say I do like a salad that doesn't feature tomato.

So where to next? asks Carol. What are your plans for the new year?

I suppose I should make some, says Gaius. First I must wind up my work here.

What about you boys? asks Carol.

Dunno, says Sweezus. Back to Adelaide I guess. There's no Tour Down Under, but there'll be events for the locals. 

I might stay here, says Arthur. 

Me too, says Reedy.

You live here, Reedy, says Carol.

Louisa looks hopeful (about Arthur not Reedy)

A loud noise erupts from the sofa.

YESS! says Terence. 

What's up, little buddy? asks Sweezus.

It's got a beak and a bike now! says Terence. It's grown into a parrot. And it's a road bike. Look at these stones!

(let's hope they are stones and not droppings)


No comments: