Sunday, March 10, 2024

A Slow Leak

You've got the same plaster as Greedy, says Terence.

I know, says Gaius. Can you guess where it came from?

Where? asks Terence.

Greedy's face, says Gaius. I injured my finger on a staple. I'm sure Greedy won't mind.

How do you know? asks Terence.

I've just put her back in the pencil box, says Katherine. Let's see how she's looking.

Katherine opens the pencil box.

There! says Katherine.

Where's her face? asks Terence.

She's face down, says Katherine. But you can turn her.

Terence turns Greedy.

Greedy may be dead, but she is determined to make the most of this moment.

She attempts an expression of pathos.

Yikes! says Terence.

What is it? asks Katherine.

Something's wrong with her mouth, says Terence.

Shall we blow her up again? asks Katherine. Oh wait, no we can't, unless Gaius no longer has need of the plaster.

Terence looks at Gaius, who is fiddling with the staple remover.

Have you finished with the plaster? asks Terence.

It's finished with me, says Gaius. It won't stick properly.

Can Greedy have it back? asks Terence.

I would prefer to discard it, says Gaius, pulling the plaster off his finger.

Greedy won't mind, says Terence. 

How do you know? asks Gaius. What about the blood? 

She's a rubber glove, says Katherine. She'll have seen worse things.

Like what? asks Terence.

Never mind, says Katherine.

I'm going to ask her, says Terence.

Fine, says Katherine, give me the plaster.

Gaius gives her the plaster, and examines his finger. It's already stopped bleeding.

Katherine replaces Greedy's plaster.

She removes Greedy's bread tie and blows Greedy up.

She replaces the bread tie.

Greedy is cock-a-hoop.

I can't thank you enough, dear Katherine! says Greedy

Take it easy, says Katherine. You may have a slow leak

Ha ha! laughs Terence.

A slow leak would be funny.


No comments: