Friday, March 29, 2024

Away From Their Sitchoo

Arthur's knee is once again cramping. He feels nauseous, and his heart rate increases.

This is more like it.

Two life guards come down with a stretcher.

And take him away.

I hope that wasn't my fault, says Gaius. I shouldn't have licked his knee.

No you shouldn't, says Katherine. Keep a watch on your tongue, in case it starts swelling.

I suppose I ought to, says Gaius. As a precaution, I'll rinse my mouth out with sea water.

He hurries down to the edge of the water, kicks off his crocs and paddles in.

He bends down, scoops a handful of seawater into his mouth, swishes and spits.

That should do it, says Gaius.

Terence has run back to Katherine.

What happened to Arthur?

He may have been stung after all, says Katherine.

By a jellyfish, says Nerida. But don't worry the life guards will look after him.

I wish I was stung, says Terence.

Do you want looking after? asks Katherine.

Yes, says Terence, because guess what? 

What? asks Katherine. 

It's Easter and nobody told me! says Terence.

Then how do you know? asks Nerida.

The kid told me, says Terence. HE'S getting chocolates.

We might do something, says Katherine. But it won't be chocolates.

I love chocolate, says Nerida.

Well, maybe for some of us, says Katherine. But it won't be today. Too much has happened. We need to find out where they've taken Arthur.

I'll find out, says Nerida.

She runs off in the direction the life guards took Arthur.

Gaius returns. 

I think I'm all right, says Gaius. Where did they take Arthur?

Nerida is finding out now, says Katherine. By the way, did you know it was Easter?

Easter? says Gaius. I hope that doesn't mean the shops will be closed.

They could well be, says Katherine. 

I usually get a present, says Terence. Like a horse or a pony.

This year you might get a frog, says Katherine. 

Only temporarily, says Gaius. If we are lucky enough to find one, we must leave it in situ.

What's sitchoo? asks Terence.

Where it is, says Gaius. 

I think you may have left your crocs in situ, says Katherine.

Gaius looks round.

His crocs are about to float away from their sitchoo.

He hastens to retrieve them.


No comments: