Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chocolate Stream of Consciousness

Mmm I've just eaten a chocolate it was a Sorini chocolate Li Feng gave me a whole tin of them this morning. What's a Sorini chocolate I suppose you are wondering, I wondered that too especially as it was given me by Li Feng. Did she buy it in Chinatown and was it a Chinese chocolate or did she buy it in Newton which would make it more likely to be Italian. Of course I know Sorini sounds Italian but the Chinese make Italian chocolates I have no doubt. There is nothing written on the tin. What do the chocolates taste like, the answer is they taste like Bertie Beetles only round.

I just booked two places at the next Sprigg lecture which is on the 17th. I wonder if Pliny would like to go it is just up his alley. It's about a woodland rehabilitation initiative in the Mount Lofty region aimed at restoring habitat for a suite of birds. A suite of birds, Pliny would like that. And I think he would enjoy sitting in the Pacific Cultures gallery under a straw alligator suspended from the ceiling with the walls on both sides lined with primitive weapons, hearing all about the suite of birds. And if they didn't offer him a glass of wine at the beginning he wouldn't mind because he wouldn't be expecting it, just like he doesn't know I've got Sorini chocolates.

No comments: