Sunday, March 17, 2013

Stuff To Do Before Easter

Mrs Hume is in the office chatting to Sweezus and Bunny when David and The VeloDrone come in late the next morning.

Here you are! says Mrs Hume. Come in to do some work?

David flops into a chair.

I hope there is no need, says Vello. Sweezus and Bunny have been busy, I suppose.

Yes Mr Drone, says Bunny. We're negotiating to get Banksy.

Very good, says Vello. Does this Banksy ride a bicycle?

Probably, says Sweezus, who admires Banksy. To get from one wall to another, and to different bridges.

Banksy... says Vello. The name is familiar. Well, well, carry on.

The phone rings. It is Belle et Bonne, from Paris.

Belle! says Vello. My dear! When are you coming home?

We'll be back for Easter, says Belle et Bonne. Marie and I can't wait to see you, papa. We've bought you a lovely present. And one for David, one for Sweezie, one for Bunny, and one for Arthur.....

Arthur? says The VeloDrone. Don't bother about Arthur.

What? says Belle et Bonne. Why not?

Ask Katherine, says Vello, handing Mrs Hume the phone.

Belle! says Mrs Hume. Arthur is in Blaxland being exorcised. Don't worry, he'll be alright.

Good gracious! says Belle et Bonne. Let me speak to Sweezus.

Katherine hands the phone to Sweezus.

What is it, Belle? says Sweezus. I mean, hi, Belle, hi!

Hi! says Belle et Bonne. What's this about Arthur? Why is he being exorcised in Blaxland?

It's Bunny's dad, says Sweezus. He's doing it.

But he's a controlling religious maniac, says Belle et Bonne. He'll have locked him up.

Yes, says Sweezus. He will have, Bunny says.

What are you doing about it? asks Belle et Bonne.

Nothing, says Sweezus. We're busy at the moment, trying to get Banksy..........

Sweezus! says Belle et Bonne. You must go up there and rescue him at once. If I get back at Easter and I don't see Arthur..... there will be no Easter present from Paris for you from me!

Chill, Belle, says Sweezus. I'm on it. I'm on my way. But hey! What's my present?

There was no answer. Belle had gone.


No comments: