Monday, November 11, 2013

Dilemma and Resolution

Sikong Shu hears Lu Ban shouting and running towards them.

He stops. Lu Ban catches up.

What's up? says Sikong Shu. We're in a hurry.

Go on then, says Lu Ban. I just need to talk to Richie.

What about? says Sikong Shu.

My dragon bicycle, says Lu Ban. I'm not sure of the dimensions. I may have made it too long.

Let me see, says Richie.

He looks at the blueprint.

That looks awesome, says Richie. But yeah it might be too long. Can you get rid of some of the tail?

Then it won't look like a dragon, says Lu Ban. It needs to look swoopy.

Richie gets out his notebook.

Look, says Richie. I've been playing around with ideas. See, I've used a flying ribbon at the back here.

What an idea, says Lu Ban. Do you mind if I steal it?

Go ahead, says Richie. I have to ride what the team dictates. This is only a dream bike. Cool though isn't it.

Sikong Shu is becoming impatient. Arthur and Rosamunda are already at the edge of Tiananmen Square. In a moment he will have lost them.

Drat it. Too late.

...........

Arthur is wheeling the Flying Pigeon. Rosamunda is walking alongside.

And even the BONES! says Rosamunda. What kind of a chicken has black bones? Gaius was fascinated. But I just wanted to vomit.

Arthur takes a deep breath.

Hey! says Rosamunda, looking behind her. We're on our own. We've lost them. That means we can do what we like.

As long as it doesn't involve eating, says Arthur.

Let's go shopping, says Rosamunda. Let's find that Silk Road.

Or shopping, says Arthur.

You're no fun, says Rosamunda. I'll go on my own.

She walks off ahead on her own.

Arthur notices that she is being followed by someone, her gentleman admirer, Ming Rong.

Arthur now has a dilemma. Should he follow? Or can she look after herself?

His phone rings. It's Gaius.

Arthur, says Gaius. Where are you?

Out and about, says Arthur. Where are you?

The Institute, says Gaius. Meet me back here as soon as you can. I need a reason to get out of the country.

All right, says Arthur. I'm coming. And I've just remembered a reason.

Wonderful, says Gaius. I knew I could rely on you.

Arthur mounts the Flying Pigeon and hares off down the road.



No comments: