Monday, November 25, 2013

Taking Control Of The Lives Of Others

Belle et Bonne has popped out to get some sandwiches.

Sweezus and Arthur are alone at last.

Man, it's good to see you, says Sweezus. How was China?

Solid reliable bicycles, says Arthur. Unusual food. I even ate a scorpion on a stick.

Awesome, says Sweezus. I'd never eat a scorpion.

I'd never eat another one, says Arthur. But I'd eat a cuttlefish.

Yeah, says Sweezus. We could serve them on a stick.

We? says Arthur. We could?

Why not? says Sweezus. Wanna be my partner?

Arthur would not like to be anybody's partner.

I'll help out for a few days, says Arthur. While you get started.

Brill! says Sweezus. First we need to source the cuttlies. You can do that. I have to write this bugger of a report....

Have you started it? says Arthur.

No, says Sweezus. Well yes, I've got an awesome title. Death in Dubai.

No way! says Arthur. Give it here. You start sourcing cuttlies. I'll do your report.

Arthur sits down and starts typing.

..............

Knock knock! Lu Ban knocks on Ming Rong's front door.

Ming Rong opens it.

Can I help you? says Ming Rong.

Yes, says Lu Ban. I am Lu Ban, carpenter immortal. We almost met a few days ago. I am a friend of Sikong Shu.

Who's at the door, Ming Rong? says Rosamunda, from inside the apartment.

Lu Ban, a friend of Sikong Shu, says Ming Rong.

What does he want? says Rosamunda.

To see you, little moon goddess, says Lu Ban loudly, in his best carpenter immortal voice.

Rosamunda comes to the door. She is no longer wearing silk pyjamas. She looks just like a Scottish tourist, which is what she is.

What for? says Rosamunda. I'm not ready to leave yet, if that's what this is about.

Yes you are, says Lu Ban. Come with me.

He grasps her.

No comments: