Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Raspberry Cordial Relations

A stiff wind is blowing.

We'd better get back, says Margaret.

She pulls the cord on her outboard motor.

Veroom....putt putt putt.....

Well, it's been lovely, says Belle. And quite successful.

Successful? says Gaius.

You met Tullio, says Belle. And did some networking. And he rescued us from the water. And you and Margaret are friends again.

Gaius looks benevolently at Belle. She is not yet dry, but even so, she can still see the bright side.

Unlike Margaret.

I don't suppose Gaius sees it that way, says Margaret. DO YOU?

Since you ask, says Gaius, I am quite willing to resume cordial relations.

No, says Terence. I'm having all of it.

He quickly glugs down the remaining raspberry cordial. Glug glug.

Ha ha! laughs Baby Pierre. You don't even know English. He said cordial RELATIONS!

Don't laugh at Terence, says Belle.

Ageless doesn't laugh. He scowls at this resumption of cordial relations.

About these tickets...... says Ageless.

Achuhh! coughs Gaius. (Drat that lobster!).

Oh yes, says Margaret. Gaius, since you are joining the human race again, would you care to come to an OzAsia event? I have tickets.

What is the event? asks Gaius.

Twelfth Night, in Hindi, says Margaret. It's Shakespeare, but not as we know it. Now before you .....

Gaius can't believe it. Of all the things that he would not care to go to....

I LOVE Shakespeare! says Baby Pierre.

Me too! says Terence.

Me too, says Ageless.

But Ageless sounds less convincing.

Perhaps you'd like to take one of these afficionadoes, says Gaius.

Oh, Gaius! says Belle. Don't you like Shakespeare? Twelfth Night is so funny.

In Hindi? says Gaius. To be honest, I prefer something more intellectual.

Well then, says Margaret. I have just the thing. The Confucius Lecture!

Gaius's eyes flicker momentarily.

He would like to attend the Confucius Lecture.

All right, says Gaius. I shall accompany you to the Confucius Lecture, Margaret.

In that case, says Ageless, you won't need your Shakespearean tickets.

I won't need ONE of the tickets, says Margaret. Perhaps, Ageless, you'd care to come with me?

She imagines herself turning up with a lobster.

She regrets the offer.

Too late. Ageless knows one ticket is better than no ticket.

Kobo his creamy....clik.clik....beloved is small enough to fit into Margaret's handbag.

Madam, I thank you, says Ageless, executing a low Shakespearean bow.

Watch out below! says Daniel O'Connell.

I didn't know you were down there, says Ageless.

Neither did I, says Daniel O'Connell. I was composing my funding application.

I don't think you should do it alone, says Belle. You should take up Tullio's offer.

I intend to, says Daniel O'Connell.

Bump. Grate.

The tinny has now reached the shore and the outing is over.

No comments: