Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Frothing Rivers Of Green

Terence now has two packets of Spew Balls.

Who wants a Spew Ball? asks Terence.

But it seems no one wants one.

What are they? asks Katherine. Let me see.

Lime flavoured liquid filled chews, she says, reading the packet.

Do you want one now? asks Terence.

I prefer good old peppermints, says Katherine. Why don't you keep the Spew Balls for yourself.

What colour are they? asks Terence.

Green, I imagine, says Gaius. See the picture on the packet?

On the packet, a cartoon creature spews out frothing rivers of green.

I'll try one, says P. krameri.

Okay, says Terence, opening the packet. Here you are.

P. krameri tries one.

Erckh! They're those really SOUR ones!

Ha ha! laughs Terence.

You try one, says P. krameri.

No way, says Terence. I only want them so I can say Have a Spew Ball.

Then they will last a long time, says Gaius. Now, are we ready for departure?

Yes, says Katherine. I'm driving south to the Bruny Island Cheese Co. It's not far. Then I'll head back to the mainland, and make my way back to Margaret at Rocky Cape.

We're heading north, to the Dennes Hill Nature Reserve, says Gaius. Wish us luck spotting a forty spotted pardalote.

Good luck, says Katherine. Don't forget, we're meeting up again in Launceston.

ARE we? asks Gaius.

He must have forgotten.

Margaret is keen to, says Katherine. It will be nice.

Indeed, says Gaius.

I'll SMS you, says Katherine.

Wonderful, says Gaius.

Goodbye then, says Katherine. Goodbye Arthur, goodbye Jinjing, goodbye P. krameri and goodbye Terence. I shall miss you. You've learned such a lot while travelling with Margaret and me.

What? asks Terence.

You know, says Katherine. The alphabet. What Tasmanian Devils eat. How to do mazes.

Yes, says Terence. All those things. And how to steer by the stars.

You'll be an asset, says Arthur.

What's an ass-it ? Terence thinks he may have been insulted.

No comments: