Saturday, November 2, 2019

Keep Your Knife Ready

What a wonderful view, says Katherine.

Even better in daylight, says Captain Bruni. You can see Bruny Island.

Gaius is munching his chips.

How's the toot? asks Katherine.

I'm managing, says Gaius. But I will try the erigeron remedy, when I locate some.

I'll keep an eye out for it, says Katherine. Although I won't be staying long on Bruny Island. Just long enough to visit the Cheese Co.

You appreciate our cheeses? says Captain Bruni.

Yes, says Katherine. I have plans to head back up the east coast via all the best known cheese shops.

Do you have your own cheese knife? asks Captain Bruni, forking a scallop.

I do, says Katherine. But it's not the one I came with. That one was confiscated, by a policeman.

Victor? says Gaius. He confiscated your cheese knife? Whatever for?

I'd used it on the Spirit of Tasmania to free Jinjing from the cage in which he was wrongfully imprisoned, says Katherine.

On what grounds? asks Captain Bruni.

Being a parrot, says Katherine.

So many injustices, sighs Captain Bruni.

Yes, say Gaius. But we generally avoid them. Have we all finished? I'd like an early night.

They pay up, and head back to the Recherche, where mayhem is already in progress.

It is bad mannered of Captain de Kermadec to play pirates on another captain's ship, but he's doing it anyway.

And Arthur ought to know better.

But he can't resist dangerous knives.

Captain de Kermadec has raided Captain Bruni's knife drawer and given everyone a steak knife. Even Terence.

Now what? asks Terence.

You go aft, says Captain Kermadec. And I'll spring out on you. Keep your knife ready.

Terence goes aft with P. kameri.

Captain de Kermadec has not given instructions to Arthur.

But that's fine with Arthur.

Captain de Kermadec had best keep his own steak knife ready.

No comments: