Monday, October 5, 2020

Auricular

I knew I was with the wrong person, says Terence.

It doesn't matter, says Louisa. We know where Alfonse is now. And he's coming.

When is he coming? asks Terence.

He doesn't say, says Louisa. 

What does he say? asks Terence. Read it again.

Terence get ready for the ear competition wait at the light house Alfonse, says Louisa. His spelling's atrocious.

Ha ha! laughs Terence. I win the spelling competition.

You don't, says Louisa. You can't even read. But you might win the ear competition.

The Ear has been admiring the lighthouse.

What did you say? asks the Ear.

Alfonse is coming, says Terence. You have to get ready.

I'm always ready, says the Ear. 

What was the competition exactly? asks Louisa. 

The first one to talk is the winner, says Terence.

That's me, says the Ear.

We don't know that, says Louisa. Let's hope Alfonse knows what time it was when his Ear spoke.

What time was it when I spoke? asks the Ear.

Yesterday afternoon, says Louisa.

Can you be more specific? asks the Ear.

Morning, says Terence.

I don't think it was, says Louisa.

I was being more specific, says Terence.

That's not what it means, says Louisa. But if the winner can't be decided by the timing, you could try something different.

Like what? asks the Ear. 

An Ear fight, says Terence.

No, says Louisa. A speech. Which Ear is the best speaker.

Yay! says Terence. Let's teach him some words.

I know plenty of words, says the Ear.

Long ones, says Terence. REALLY long ones.

Auricular, says the Ear.

The other ear might know that one, says Louisa.


No comments: