Sunday, February 11, 2024

Actually My Horse

Greedy is once again empty of air.

Blow her up again, says Kobo, and secure her with a bread tie.

Gaius looks in his pantry for bread.

There is no bread in the pantry.

I thought you saved bread ties, says Kobo.

So I do, says Gaius.

He retrieves one from the dish, in which he keeps them.

Now Greedy is ready for her first lesson.

I'll ask you a question, says Kobo. Think of the answer, but don't say it.

Greedy nods, her eyes poppy. 

Ha ha, laughs Terence. 

Go away Terence, says Kobo. This is secret women's business.

Help me learn my lines, Terence, says Gaius.

Okay, says Terence. 

I need you to feed me Candide's lines, says Gaius. Can you do that?

Yes, says Terence. 

So you have arranged to meet Lady Cunégonde at Venice, sir? says Gaius.

Yes, says Terence.

I should think that she must be very witty. Her letters must be charming, says Gaius.

Yes, says Terence.

You don't say yes, says Gaius. You say, I have never had any. Then you explain why.

I have never had any, says Terence. Her pencil broke when she fell off her horse.

That isn't the reason, says Gaius. But I suppose it doesn't matter.

Monty was actually my horse, says Terence.

Gaius starts flipping the pages of his script to see what else he is supposed to be saying. 

Terence thinks about Monty, who he left behind in a café.

So it is quiet in the kitchen.

And we can hear Kobo, explaining the secret women's business to Greedy.

In out in out, says Kobo. 

Snuuur-thoo-snuuur-thoo, goes Greedy.

You've got it, says Kobo. 


No comments: