Monday, August 15, 2011

Busted

Lavender, you are so busted, said Baby Pierre. Wait till Ageless hears about this.

What? said Lavender, although she knew.

You broke the statue of Rabbit Burns, said Baby Pierre. That makes you a vandal. You will be in the newspapers, and not in a good way.

It's Rabbie, not Rabbit, said Lavender. And I didn't break him, he broke himself. He wanted to come on the quest.

Well, where is he now? asked Baby Pierre.

Lavender shrugged. I don't know. He wanted to sit on the footpath and wait until morning, and I didn't.

That's just like you, said Baby Pierre.

Good, said Lavender. I like being like me.

Hear hear, said the Seagull Oracle. To thine own self be true.

What's that supposed to mean? asked Baby Pierre.

It's Shakespeare, said the Seagull Oracle. It means do what you like. And I would, if I wasn't cemented on here.

Poor Seagull Oracle, said Lavender. Would you like a biscuit or anything?

What sort? said the Seagull Oracle.

Lavender turned to Baby Pierre.

What sort are in Ageless's tin?

Yam, snapped Baby Pierre.

That sounds nice, said the Seagull Oracle wistfully. But I don't eat, you know.

That's alright, said Lavender. To thine own self .... what was it again?

Beetroot! said Baby Pierre.

No comments: