Monday, August 8, 2011

A Red Red Rose

Eventually a bus came by, and they both got on.

What happened to your wee companion? asked Rabbie. The wee pebble wi' the tulip on his head?

Wee pebble? said Lavender Oh you mean Baby Pierre? He'll be still in the Library with Ageless. I wanted to beat them to Henley and be the first one to find the Jellyfish.

Baby Pierre, said Rabbie. Is he your boyfriend?

No! said Lavender. He's my sort-of cousin. And Ageless is his yes-no-probably daddy.

Yes-no-probably! said Rabbie. He sounds a bit like me.

I thought you might be his daddy, said Lavender, but now I'm thinking that you might be mine.

No, I'm not your daddy, nor his, said Rabbie, but I do admit to bein' the yes-no-probable daddy of a lot o' wee bairns in ma time.

That's called Reproduction, said Lavender. And if you're truly immortal you ought to get younger now.

That's only for jellyfish, lassie, said Rabbie. But oh how I did love the ladies. I wrote some fair bonny poems about 'em.

Did you? said Lavender, without interest.

Aye, I did, said Rabbie. My Love is like a Red Red Rose, that's newly sprung in June.... that's one of ma best.

Vom! said Lavender.





No comments: