Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Importance of Chatting

Time we were off? exclaimed Ageless. But we've only just arrived.

We're not getting anywhere, said Baby Pierre. Have you forgotten the quest?

No I haven't, said Ageless. The Jellyfish Oracle is an old friend. We've been chatting.

Yes, said the Jellyfish Oracle. Some folks don't know the value of chatting.

There's no value in chatting, said Baby Pierre. It's just wasting time.

Wrong! said the Jellyfish Oracle. I have learned something new about sand dunes.

What? asked Baby Pierre.

They move, said the Jellyfish Oracle. They move over rubbish and hide it, then
they move on and the rubbish appears again. It's brilliant.

That's not quite the point, said Ageless.

What kind of rubbish? asked Baby Pierre.

Tins, said Ageless. I think Ralph's rubbish was tins.

Ah, tins, said Baby Pierre. That gives me an idea.

I hope you're not going to suggest what I think you're going to suggest, said Ageless.

He is, he is! said the Jellyfish Oracle, getting excited.

How do you know? said Baby Pierre?

I'm an Oracle, derrrr, said the Jellyfish Oracle.

How about letting me in on it? said Ageless.

Well, said Baby Pierre, your tin of yam biscuits is holding you up, right?

Not necessarily, said Ageless. Sometimes I'm holding it up. Oh....you mean it's a nuisance!

Yes, said Baby Pierre. So why don't you leave it on the beach in front of a sand dune, and wait till the sand dune moves over it?

Not likely! said Ageless. They're not that sort of dunes. These dunes are more likely to disappear altogether, due to coastal erosion.

Goodness! Are they? said the Jellyfish Oracle. But this is my home!










No comments: