Monday, August 22, 2011

Meant to be Maths

Click..click, said Ageless. Bad. Why do you hate me?

Because you're leaving the quest, said Baby Pierre.

But you want me to, said Ageless, looking at Lavender.

Lavender nodded.

Baby Pierre decided there was nothing for it but to act more grown up.

Alright, he said. I don't hate you, Ageless. I suppose it's all for the best.

He would kill Lavender later.

Ye're a fine lad, said Rabbie, approvingly. 'Tis good to see ye love your daddy and 'tis a piece o' luck that ye still have your bonny wee cousin for company.

I'm not his daddy, said Ageless.

I'm not his bonny wee cousin, said Lavender.

Well, thanks everyone, said Baby Pierre. Lavender, you should go with them. I'm sure you'd enjoy the Crocheted Coral Reef.

Alright I will, said Lavender. I'll go with them. And then I'll come back. And I'll still find the Immoral Jellyfish before you do, Baby Pierre.

Immoral! laughed Baby Pierre. Immoral! Ha ha!

What? said Lavender. What did I say?

Nothing. Enjoy your Crocheted Coral Reef, all of you, said Baby Pierre. What is it anyway?

I know, said Lavender. It's meant to be maths.

Shut up, Lavender. You don't know, said Baby Pierre.

She's right, said Ageless. As well as a crocheted coral reef, it's a physical model of hyperbolic space.

Baby Pierre cheered up a bit. He had heard of hyperbolic space. And he bet Lavender would think it was boring.










No comments: