Friday, February 8, 2019

Cool Idea About String

Belle returns with a bag of materials, silk flowers and ribbons. And a black curly wig.

And Terence, who is now dressed in orange.

Guess what? says Terence. This is my costume. Guess what this is?

He turns.

There is a black button sewn onto the back of his leggings.

Stink button? says Sweezus.

YES! says Terence. It won't work until Belle puts the stink in.

I'll rig up some sort of spray can, says Belle. And tuck it into his leggings, behind the button.

Wonderful, says Vello. You think of everything. Where is the coffee?

Isn't that it? asks Belle, pointing to an open jar of coffee.

Hard as a rock, says Vello.

That's the old coffee, says Belle. So you guys haven't had any coffee?

No we haven't says Vello. We waited for you.

Belle goes into the tiny kitchen to find the new coffee.

Awesome leggings, with a black button on the back, says Sweezus. Where'd you guys find them?

We didn't, says Terence. We looked and looked. Belle said let's get these orange ones you don't need a button, I said yes I do so she bought a black button and I wanted to wear the leggings with the button so she stopped and did sewing.

She's a gem! says Vello.

Belle comes out with the coffee.

Where's Arthur? asks Belle. I've bought him a wig.

Probably coming, says Sweezus. He's got this cool idea about string.

Has he? says Belle. I'll be interested to hear it.

We all will, says David. What else have you got in the bag there?

More costumes, says Belle. Where are Celia and Saint Roley?

Celia flutters over.

I'm playing Paquette now, says Celia. And Saint Roley is playing Brother Giroflée.

Cripes! says Belle. He's tall and thin and you're kind of ... stocky. I hope ... no, it should be all right.

Stocky? says Celia.

It means stout, says David.

That's WORSE, says Celia. These are FEATHERS! I can flatten them any time I want to.

You are gorgeous, says Belle. You'll be the prettiest Paquette ever. I've bought this straw hat, and these lovely silk flowers. And we can drape the dress over your shoulders and tie it behind you.

You can have a button, says Terence. We've got two. Only mine's a stink button.

What about my costume? asks Saint Roley. We thought the pointy hood would balance my beak.

It will, but the cloak may be too short, says Belle. Do you mind if your knees show?

I suppose not, says Saint Roley.

He really doesn't.

He has always been proud of his knees.

No comments: