Sunday, February 10, 2019

Your Character Is Not A Bird

Right! says Vello. Let's get on with it. How do we feel about string?

It's got potential, says Sweezus. How about in scene two Candide uses string to lay out a garden?

In the sink hole? asks David.

Of course in the sink hole, says Vello.

No 'of course' about it, says David. They may decide to start a new garden from scratch.

No need to complicate things, says Vello. String to lay out a garden in a sink hole. I like it. We could introduce some business with Pangloss tripping over the string.

I refuse to do stage tripping, says David.

The old lady then, says Vello. She has padding. Where's Gaius?

He's taken his vacuum cleaner home, says Belle. He'll be back shortly.

We'll ask him, says Vello. Now, Sweezus, how do you lay out a garden with string?

Tie it to sticks, I guess, says Sweezus. (He has no idea).

How do I get out? asks Terence.

Out of what? asks Belle. Out of your costume?

OUT OF THE SINK HOLE! says Terence.

You stay in it, says Sweezus. You turn out to be helpful. The old lady gets up after she's tripped over and injured her ankle.

Excellent, says Vello. A development!

And the stink bug presses his stink button, so she's knocked unconscious. Then Paquette climbs down the ladder.

I don't need a ladder, says Celia.

Your character is not a bird, says Vello. You will need a ladder.

I'll have to practise, thinks Celia.

Maybe Brother Giroflée should go down first, says Belle. He has a short cloak on.

Happy to, says Saint Roley.

And they waft the air a bit, says Sweezus, because it stinks, and then they see the old lady, and they try to get her up the ladder.

Using string? asks Belle.

Yeah well they could twist strings together to make a rope, says Sweezus. And tie it round the old lady. And pull her up.

Who's at the top? asks David. Not Pangloss I hope. I'm not hauling Gaius.

Candide, says Vello.

Am I still down there? asks Terence. Where are the bees?

No bees, says Sweezus. You get to plant oranges.

Yay! says Terence. Red ones?

Normal ones, says Sweezus.

I'm not doing it, says Terence. I want to plant red ones.

Blood oranges, says Belle. I don't see why not.

Okay! says Sweezus. There's a lot going on here. Just trying to keep it all in my head.

Poor Sweezie, says Belle. Here, this might cheer you up. This is your costume.

She opens a bag, and takes out an awesome costume.

A black and gold floral print short sleeve satin shirt
Plain white chino shorts
Metallic gold LED Light-up Sneakers.





No comments: