Thursday, February 14, 2019

Knowing Spiders

They must dig their own sink hole.

So why has Vello stayed cool?

I see your eyes gleaming, says David.

Imagine this, says Vello. The audience digs it.

Papa, says Belle. We only have an hour.

A very shallow sink hole, says Vello. And I shall lead them. It won't be the real me of course. It'll be that do-nothing Velogram. Give him something to do. Sometimes I surprise myself with my own brilliance.

I'm sure you do, says David. And will we expect them to fill it in afterwards? Perhaps we could give them a discount if they stay back to help?

Certainly not, says Vello. It's something they'll remember. In fact, we should charge extra.

Belle gives him a look which says: Papa, that's going too far!

Then she gives Sweezus a look which says: Don't worry it's not going to happen.

And Vello is beaming. He likes it when Belle thinks he's going too far.

And Sweezus is no longer worrying, because Belle thinks he needn't.

Meanwhile Sikong Shu is talking to Gaius.

Sikong Shu: Are you certain Arthur is coming?

Gaius: Absolutely. His part is crucial. And he knows spiders.

And Elodie is talking to Terence

Elodie: Go on!

Terence: No.

She whips off his hat, and his eyebrows.

Elodie: I know! You're one of those infants!

Terence: Which ones?

Elodie: The cement ones. They're in churches. Or on them.

Terence: I'm not. I'm a Grandpa Marx Stink Bug.

Elodie: Have you thought that through? You're NEVER actually a Grandpa Marx Stink Bug.

Terence: In scene one.

Elodie: But in scene one you're a young Stink Bug, and in scene three, fifteen years later, you're a different young Stink Bug.

Terence: A grandchild of me.

Elodie: Yes, a grandchild.

Terence: What does a grandchild have?

Elodie: A grandparent.

Terence: And what does he look like?

Elodie: It doesn't matter. You're young in both scenes.

Terence: You remind me of someone.

Elodie: Who?

Terence: A smart arse!

Belle: Terence!

Terence: Can I have white eyebrows in scene one so I look like a grandpa?

Belle: If you behave yourself. Yes.

Elodie feels like a bit of a smart arse. She joins Gaius and Sikong Shu to talk about spiders.

She does know a lot about spiders.

No comments: