Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Sweet Karma

It's broken, says Terence.

No, it's not loaded, says Belle. It will only work as a stink button on the night.

How do I KNOW? asks Terence. I need to practise.

No you don't, says Belle. What you need to practise is the orange dance.

Shouldn't I be part of the orange dance? asks Nobby.

Yes! says Celia. You should distribute the oranges.

We're not giving out oranges! says Vello.

They could dance around ME, says Nobby.

Then where will I be? asks Terence.

Giving out spades, suggests Arthur.

Belle looks daggers at Arthur.

Terence with spades!

Terence is delighted.

Yippee!

Okay, says Belle. Time to call it a day. I'll go and find that guitar.

She goes out to find one.

Good rehearsal, says Gaius. When's our opening night?

Yes, when is it? asks Vello.

Don't we know? asks David.

Of course we know, says Sweezus. It's tomorrow. I thought everyone knew.

Can someone wash my eyebrows? asks Terence.

Can someone un-Blutack my oranges? asks Nobby. And put me back in my pot.

I'll do it, says Elodie. May as well make myself useful.

Excellent, says Gaius. You're a person who likes to muck in.

Yep, says Elodie. You'll love me when we go hunting spiders.

That's a bit strong, says Gaius. But I'm sure I'll appreciate you. So will Shu. So will Arthur.

What will I appreciate? asks Arthur.

Me, says Elodie. Or not. Maybe you're not even coming?

Arthur senses a trap.

I'll fill you in later, says Gaius.

Belle returns with a guitar.

Elodie strums it.

pling pling de dah
sweet music of orpheus
eyebrows stiffen
oranges spin on their axes
good karma.

No comments: