Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Difficulties Everywhere

Vello is pleased with himself.

He has just has signed up the new team member for Team Philosophe.

Sören Kierkegaard.

Not only that, but Sören has agreed to be interviewed for Velosophy.

Sweezus is waiting in the office, when Sören arrives.

Hej, says Sören Kierkegaard. Are you making this interview with me?

Guess so, says Sweezus. Want a coffee?

Nej tak, says Sören.

I'll just phone the café, says Sweezus.

Nej tak means no, thank you, says Sören.

Okay, says Sweezus. I won't have one either. Second question. What's your history with bikes?

You seem somewhat brusque, says Sören. I was led to expect you'd be different.

Just been talking to a buddy who had a near miss, says Sweezus.

On a bike? asks Sören.

No, says Sweezus. A near miss with nails.

Finger, toe, metal? asks Sören.

Actual nails, says Sweezus. Imagine someone hammering nails into your toe holes.

It would be unpleasant, says Sören. Has this happened to your buddy?

No, says Sweezus. In the end they used duct tape. But..... jeez!

Shall we get on with my history? says Sören.

Yeah, go ahead, says Sweezus.

Sören has to think for a minute.

He has taken up cycling in order to take his mind off philosophy.

I have always preferred walking, says Sören. One meets people. I enjoy the casual encounter.

Yeah, but... bikes, says Sweezus. What teams have you been in?

I am friendly with Jakob Fuglsang, says Sören. From him I have learned much.

Like what? asks Sweezus.

What have I learned from him? asks Sören.

Yeah, from him, says Sweezus.

I should keep that to myself, says Sören.

Okay, says Sweezus. Older history. Your first one.

Ah! my precious Regine, says Sören.

You called your first bike Regine? asks Sweezus. Quirky!

Of course not, says Sören. Regine was my sweetheart.

Your woman, says Sweezus. Good one.

She was never my woman, says Sören. I called off the engagement.

Okay, we won't go there, says Sweezus. What's your, like, main cycling philosophy?

Make difficulties everywhere, says Sören.

So Sweezus learns something useful, at last, about Sören.




No comments: