Sunday, January 19, 2020

How Did I Get Into This World?

Tour Village. The Team Presentation.

Team Philosophe is presented in the middle of proceedings, after Team Condor.

Vello: Good crowd here tonight.

David: They'll be here for the free concert.

Sören: I'm going to mingle.

Vello: A la Socrates.

Sören: Ha! If you say so.

He wanders off to mingle.

Sweezus: Good crowd here tonight.

David: They're here for the free concert.

Sweezus: Yeah, the Veronicas. Not my scene though.

Philip Norgaard: What is your scene?

Sweezus: K-pop.

Philip Norgaard: Ah yes, we like K-pop in Denmark.

Gaius: Terence is popular tonight.

Philip: Is he? Yes. Excuse me. I'll just check this out.

He dashes off, to where Terence is in the midst of Team Lotto-Soudal, showing them his Lucky.

Thomas de Gendt: But is it a true Lucky?

Terence: It is now.

Caleb Ewan: May I hold it?

Terence: It's not dry!

Too late. Caleb Ewan now has the print of a lucky blue eye on his thumb.

Terence: Wah! It's ruined!

Philip Norgaard: Let's see. Not ruined. It can be wiped and reconfigured. Come with me, Terence.

Team Lotto- Soudal melts away.

Philip leads Terence back to his companions.

Sweezus: What's up little buddy?

Terence: Your Lucky got ruined!

Gaius: Let me have a look. Nothing a dab of turpentine and two shades of blue paint and one of black can't put right.

Sweezus: That sounds complicated.

Gaius: A traditional Evil Eye.

Vello: To turn malevolent glares back on the malevolent glarer. That's what true luck is!

Terence: Yay! An Evil Eye!  Let's get painting.

Sweezus: Okay. Anything to avoid the Veronicas.

Philip: I'll come with you.

Gaius, Sweezus, Philip and Terence leave, with a mission.

Sören Kierkegaard returns.

Sören Kierkegaard: How did I get into this world? Everyone asks about the Lucky. I do not know the Lucky. One of the riders with whom I mingled showed me a lucky blue eye on his thumb. Others crowded around him. They seemed to think he would win the Criterium tomorrow.

Vello: Curses! Who is it?

Sören Kierkegaard: The one called Caleb Ewan.

Now there's a prediction. Caleb Ewan to win the Criterium Street Circuit on Sunday. Let's see if he does it.



No comments: