Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Saint Biscuit

Kierkegaard returns with the bakery items.

Terence looks up from his task.

Am I getting something? asks Terence.

A Funny Face, says Kierkegaard.

Ha ha, laughs Gaius.

He thinks this is funny because

a.) Terence's face does look funny, being covered in cobwebs.

b.) He does not know there's a biscuit, with that name.

Can I have it NOW? asks Terence.

No, says Kierkegaard. It's for when we're on the road. Have you finished oiling the bike chains?

Yes, says Terence.

He's done more than that, says Gaius. I suggest you wipe your seat down.

I thought you were supervising, says Kierkegaard.

I was, until I became engrossed in the route map, says Gaius.

Ah, says Kierkegaard. So you know where we're going?

I do, says Gaius. We ride to Mount Compass, take the Victor Harbour Road out, turn left at Lanacoona, left onto Simpson and right at Beare Lane.

Well done! says Kierkegaard.

And it is. Getting there is sorted.

Terence eyes the paper bag containing his Funny Face.

At least they could let him see it. But they won't.

It's a job for a parrot.

Parrot, says Terence, I want you to bring me the paper bag. Don't let the grown ups see you.

And how would I do that? asks Alexander-Red-Hook.

Get under this rag, says Terence, and move slowly.

That's disgusting, says Alexander-Red-Hook. It's oily and webby.

Use the other side, says Terence.

I won't says Alexander-Red-Hook. I'll do this my way.

She approaches Kierkegaard: May Terence look at his Funny Face, if he promises not to eat it?

Certainly, says Kierkegaard.

He opens the paper bag so that Terence can look in.

Terence looks in.

This is the moment that Terence comes face to face with his Funny Face.

Wah! It looks like....Saint Joseph!

No comments: