Monday, September 28, 2009

To the Editors

To the Editors of Velosophy,

I feel I must protest at the way I have been depicted in your publication, by your good selves.

Firstly, I object to your reference to that scoundrel Dali's description of my bicycle, with the attached red hot water bottle, and snail. Does no one think to question the great Dali? Is he not the master of Surrealism? Is not the picture of my so-called bicycle the very essence of something Dali would DREAM UP?

Secondly, I think I may claim to be a philosopher of sorts. There are, I am certain, many references in my works to bicycles. You will forgive me if I have forgotten exactly what they are. However thanks to google, of which I note you make great use yourselves, I have found an essay on my book The Interpretation of Dreams, in which essay I find the following statement: Thus the wish to sleep the meaning of every dreams Freud Freud p. the real substance of the book which is I rode a bicycle.

I admit, that is not perfectly clear, but you must admit, it is a reference. Why the writer scrambled up his text is not my concern. Possibly he wants the reader to pay him some money to read the essay proper. However, this is proof positive that I wrote directly on the subject of bicycles, and therefore I put it to you: Would you not have better served your readers with a serious discussion of my views about the meaning of dreams about bicycles rather than being content to mock me through the scurrilous words of my erstwhile friend Salvador Dali?

I await your response.

Yours faithfully,

Sigmund Freud ( Professor)

No comments: