Wednesday, September 2, 2009

No Green Stars in the Buddha's Sky

The Buddha is not pleased by my statement that he sounds like me. He asks me to consider whether or not I may be dreaming. I concede that I may well be dreaming, and then I ask him if he might consider the same thing. But again he is not pleased and I feel the need to atone for my rudeness.

How may I atone for my rudeness, Lord Buddha?

It will take a thousand years of repeating sutras.

Is there anything I could do to speed things up?

Let me think. Yes. I shall set you a task, a quest. The quest will be a fitting one. You must find out why there are no green stars in the sky.

Yes, Lord Buddha, thank you Lord Buddha. I will find out why there are no green stars in the sky.

And then you must let me know.

Yes, Lord Buddha. I will let you know. Do you not know?

Of course I know.

Then may I have a clue?

It is to do with the temperatures of the stars and the wavelength at which they emit most of their light. It is also to do with........but you are a sly one! tricking me into telling you the answers myself. Be off with you, and no more questions.

Just one?

What is it?

Am I allowed to use Google?

Certainly. Good luck though. You will find a great deal of confusion on the subject there.

No comments: