Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I Would I Might Forget That I Am I

On the bus to Pineda de Mar:

Belle et Bonne: Papa was put out, did you think so?

Marie: Yes, piqued. But, let him find his own fun.

José Ortega y Gasset: Is he your father?

Belle et Bonne: No, I'm sort of adopted.

Marie: And he's kind of my uncle.

George Santayana: Dios! No wonder he was put out.

Marie: He'll get over it. He has other things to worry about. Such as Ageless.

José Ortega y Gasset: Ageless, the poet! He was impressive. Young people today, they all wish to be poets but this one.....

George Santayana: Is he a friend of yours? I should like to meet him.

Belle et Bonne: Before you go any further, I should tell you, he's just this weird lobster.

Marie: And I wouldn't be surprised if he had help.

Belle et Bonne: Yes! From Captain Louttit!

George Santayana: Captain Louttit. Is he a real poet?

Belle et Bonne: Another lobster. A sailor.

José Ortega y Gasset: George was a poet.

Marie: Were you? What did you write?

George Santayana: Oh.....I Would I Might Forget That I am I, Slow And Reluctant Was The Long Descent.

Belle et Bonne: How depressing. Are you sure you want to go banana boating?

George Santayana: Absolutely!

The bus arrives at Pineda de Mar.

They pile off, and look around for the banana boat station. There it is over there.

Um. It seems you have to buy a whole package and stay overnight.

While they are deciding what to next ( as if there is any question ), let's go down to the beach proper.

It is crowded with people of course.

Who are those two? If they didn't have hipster haircuts they might be Sweezus and Arthur. Their shorts are the same.

Let's think now. Is it possible? Or a shameful fictive coincidence......

No, it's perfectly possible. Let's say Sweezus and Arthur had been on the train from Paris to Barcelona, but they had decided to get off at Perpignan, and cycle the rest of the way.

Had they really?

Well wait on, we're not sure it's them.

They had cycled along the coast to Girona, discussing the problem of hair styles.

Sweezus: Yeah but once we get there .....

Arthur: Barcelona is bigger.

Sweezus: I really want to look hot.

Arthur: You look all right.

Sweezus: You look all right. I look like a hippy.

Arthur: That's you though.

Sweezus : No more, man. Big changes a'comin'.

And they had stopped in Girona and got (Spanish) hipster haircuts.

So that when they arrived at Pineda de Mar they looked different.

What do you reckon?


No comments: