Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Dirty Chicken

Sweezus, Arthur and Wittgenstein are having lunch at the Blowfish.

What do you reckon? asks Sweezus.

What are these called again? asks Wittgenstein.

Bro Burgers, says Sweezus.

They're good, says Arthur. I might get another one.

Me too, says Sweezus. You, Ludwig?

I'll pass, says Wittgenstein. Too much mustard, tomato sauce and pickle for my liking.

Good hand made patty, says Sweezus.

A bit yellow, says Wittgenstein. I'll try something else.

Arthur goes off to order two more Bro Burgers.

Wittgenstein leans back in his chair.

I don't think male frogs have punch ups, says Wittgenstein.

Yeah? says Sweezus. What about those novelty pens?

Wittgenstein has never seen one, so cannot answer.

Arthur returns with two Bro Burgers, and a Dirty Chicken Wrap for Wittgenstein.

I trust, says Wittgenstein, that it's not really dirty.

You may as well believe it, says Arthur.

Remember that novelty pen I had? asks Sweezus. The frog one?

Sure, says Arthur. With the boxing gloves. And it threw a punch when you activated the mechanism.

Yeah, says Sweezus. It was cool. 

I doubt novelty pens are based on true animal behaviour, says Wittgenstein.

So where'd they get the idea from? asks Sweezus.

Dirty chicken, says Wittgenstein biting into it gingerly.

Cruunch! Is that sea salt? Or grit?

How's that work? asks Sweezus.

Uh? says Wittgenstein. No, I was changing the subject. I might not finish this.

Let's go then, says Sweezus. Surfing at Saltwater. Hopefully, without the sharks.

Sharks? says Wittgenstein. 

Don't worry, says Sweezus. They're not after you.

They're after us, says Arthur. A financial enterprise that went sour.

You could say, says Sweezus. 

You took part in a financial enterprise with sharks? says Wittgenstein. 

A couple, says Sweezus. Sea salt in recycled ocean plastics, and hairy red sushi with chocolate filling.

You surprise me, says Wittgenstein.

I guess we've been pretty inventive, says Sweezus.

Wittgenstein raises an eyebrow. 

That isn't why.

No comments: